all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Package version at build side
@ 2014-11-04 19:35 Andreas Enge
From: Andreas Enge @ 2014-11-04 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: guix-devel

Hello,

for kdelibs, I need to pass the version of the input docbook-xsl as
a configure flag. So I added something like

       #:configure-flags
        (list "-DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE=ON" ; for debugging
              (let ((docbook-xsl (assoc-ref %build-inputs "docbook-xsl")))
                (string-append "-DDOCBOOKXSL_DIR="
                               docbook-xsl
                               "/xml/xsl/docbook-xsl-"
                               (package-version docbook-xsl)
                               "/")))

Now package-version seems to be defined in (guix package); when I add this as
modules, more and more of them are pulled in. Currently I have

       #:modules ((guix packages) ; for PACKAGE-VERSION
                  (guix base32)
                  (guix config)
                  (guix derivations)
                  (guix records)
                  (guix serialization)
                  (guix store)
                  (guix utils)
                  (guix build syscalls)
                  (guix build utils))
       #:imported-modules ((guix packages)
                           (guix base32)
                           (guix config)
                           (guix derivations)
                           (guix records)
                           (guix serialization)
                           (guix store)
                           (guix utils)
                           (guix build syscalls)
                           (guix build utils))

When I "make" and "./pre-inst-env guix build kdelibs", I get
ice-9/boot-9.scm:106:20: no code for module (guix hash)

So I add (guix hash), and then I get "no code for module (guix ...)"
and so on, probably until all of guix is in my package.

Is there a simpler solution?

Andreas

* Re: Package version at build side
@ 2014-11-04 20:55 ` Eric Bavier
From: Eric Bavier @ 2014-11-04 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Andreas Enge; +Cc: guix-devel

Andreas Enge writes:

> Hello,
>
> for kdelibs, I need to pass the version of the input docbook-xsl as
> a configure flag. So I added something like
>
>        #:configure-flags
>         (list "-DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE=ON" ; for debugging
>               (let ((docbook-xsl (assoc-ref %build-inputs "docbook-xsl")))
>                 (string-append "-DDOCBOOKXSL_DIR="
>                                docbook-xsl
>                                "/xml/xsl/docbook-xsl-"
>                                (package-version docbook-xsl)
>                                "/")))
[...]
> Is there a simpler solution?

You should be able to do this by quasi-quoting the list and unquoting
package-version.  See e.g. the definition of maxima in maths.scm:891.

--
Eric Bavier

* Re: Package version at build side
@ 2014-11-04 21:25   ` Andreas Enge
From: Andreas Enge @ 2014-11-04 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Eric Bavier; +Cc: guix-devel

On Tue, Nov 04, 2014 at 02:55:58PM -0600, Eric Bavier wrote:
> You should be able to do this by quasi-quoting the list and unquoting
> package-version.  See e.g. the definition of maxima in maths.scm:891.

That did it, thank you!

@ 2014-11-04 21:45 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2014-11-04 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Andreas Enge; +Cc: guix-devel

Andreas Enge <andreas@enge.fr> skribis:

> for kdelibs, I need to pass the version of the input docbook-xsl as
> a configure flag. So I added something like
>
>        #:configure-flags
>         (list "-DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE=ON" ; for debugging
>               (let ((docbook-xsl (assoc-ref %build-inputs "docbook-xsl")))
>                 (string-append "-DDOCBOOKXSL_DIR="
>                                docbook-xsl
>                                "/xml/xsl/docbook-xsl-"
>                                (package-version docbook-xsl)
                                 ^
Missing unquote (comma) here.  --’
See gps.scm for an example.

> Now package-version seems to be defined in (guix package); when I add this as
> modules, more and more of them are pulled in. Currently I have
>
>        #:modules ((guix packages) ; for PACKAGE-VERSION
>                   (guix base32)
>                   (guix config)
>                   (guix derivations)
>                   (guix records)
>                   (guix serialization)
>                   (guix store)
>                   (guix utils)
>                   (guix build syscalls)
>                   (guix build utils))

The raison d’être of the (guix build …) name space is precisely to
distinguish modules to be used on the build side from modules to be used
on the host side (info "(guix) G-Expressions").  The above approach is
not going to work, because it tries to import purely host code on the
build side.

Thanks,
Ludo’.