This way we have direct access to each generation’s activation script and we should be fine with (3). WDYT? > Yes, I think that makes sense. I need to learn more about GuixSD's > activation mechanism, but it makes sense that a procedural definition > (e.g., like in NixOS's switch-to-configuration script) is equivalent to > a declarative definition. I think a declarative definition of services > would be fine. Concretely speaking, is there a specific format that is > convenient to use for such a "declarative definition of services"? I would suggest an sexp as discussed at: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2016-06/msg00173.html > What about the grub installation? The ‘parameters’ file should be enough, as you wrote. HTH! Ludo’.