Catonano writes: > This is important information and it's more detailed than what Pjotr wrote in his wrap up > > I'd do it myself but I don't know the first thing about the info system > > Which is the source file ? I'm sure your contribution would be welcome! The source is in guix/doc, mostly in guix.texi. > How do I compile it ? Get the dependencies: guix environment guix --ad-hoc texlive Make everything: make Make just the documentation, in Info format: make info If you're curious to understand why these targets exist, please refer to the Automake manual for details: https://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/automake.html#Documentation After making changes to the guix.texi file, just re-run the 'make' invocation, and it will quickly recompile just the documentation. To view your changes, it's helpful to add the 'guix/doc' directory from your local Guix checkout to your INFOPATH. I've put the following line in my ~/.bash_profile to do this automatically: export INFOPATH="$HOME/guix/doc${INFOPATH:+:}$INFOPATH" That way, when you invoke 'guix info' (or 'C-h i' in Emacs), you'll see the updated version. I don't know how to preview changes in real-time as you modify guix.texi, but if you learn how, please let me know! > Which Emacs mode should I use ? Try texinfo-mode (see: (texinfo) Emacs Editing). -- Chris