On Sun, Jun 18 2017, Timothy Sample wrote: > While the user experience would suffer a bit, it’s no real hardship to > type > > $ guix package \ > --do-not-upgrade $(guix package --only-substitutes -u) \ > -u > > This is definitely possible. Just checking: is the proposal that --only-substitutes /always/ prints a list of packages without substitutes? My understanding was that it would only print the list if there were packages without substitutes (thus making the above potentially incorrect/wasteful if everything has a substitute, because you shouldn't unconditionally re-run `guix package`). I don't know if we should conflate "upgrade my profile" with "print a list of packages without substitutes". Those aren't the same requests. I'm more in favour of it continuing and building the new profile, but printing a list of packages which didn't have substitutes. If the user wants to roll-back the upgrade then they can easily do so, but they asked for it to be upgraded and we can still do that. Carlo