Leo Famulari writes: > On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 07:35:31AM +0100, Christopher Baines wrote: >> On Mon, 14 Aug 2017 23:31:37 -0400 >> Leo Famulari wrote: >> >> > * gnu/packages/version-control.scm (cgit)[inputs]: Replace the >> > git@2.10 package with an origin reference of the source code. >> > (git@2.10): Remove variable. >> >> It would be useful if outside of the changelog, but in the commit >> message, you could put why you are making the change. As far as I can >> tell, this won't change the cgit package, so I'm guessing the intent is >> to neaten up the code? > > Recently we started running the test suite of the "main" git package. > > That caused the build of this package to fail, which also made cgit > fail to build, and that was annoying. cgit was not affected by the failing git@2.10 package since it only uses the *source* derivation. It does not care about what's going on in git's [arguments]. :-) So this patch won't change anything from cgits perspective. I'm slightly in favor of keeping git@2.10 until it's really uneeded (awkward if we have to add it back later), but no strong opinion either way. I would probably have done this instead of disabling tests if I had thought about it.