Hi, Mathieu Othacehe skribis: >> Does that make sense? > > Yes, it is now much clearer, thank you ! > > My qemu virtualized ARM machine has been compiling for a week now > (is it normal to have so few substitutes btw ?) and is not over yet. It’s not normal to have so few substitutes. ARM substitutes are always lagging behind on our build farm, but hopefully we’ll get additional ARM build machines soon. > So, I'm really interested by the --target on guix system. Do you happend > to have a draft of your experiments :) ? Here’s a very crude patch that mixes a couple of experiments, i hope it can be of any use to you. :-) For a start, I could polish the ‘let-system’ and ‘with-system’ patches, if you want. My idea was to eventually have a Shepherd service whose ‘start’ method would be something like: (virtual-machine (with-system (target "arm-linux-gnueabihf") (operating-system …))) IOW, a service that starts a GuixSD VM for another architecture. Thoughts? Ludo’.