Ricardo Wurmus writes: > Ludovic Courtès writes: > >> So the next steps in the dependency graph are: >> >> mes-boot -> mescc -> tinycc -> gcc@4.7 -> gcc >> >> Do I get this right? Possibly: yes. I have added tinycc-boot including tests. I mean to refactor the builders and just for fun add gcc-4.7.4 to this picture (see attached). It's pretty exciting for me that I'm able to show a dependency diagram generated by Guix of packages that build, that shows a compiler (tinycc) that only depends on some much smaller seeds. > Also: I wonder if we can simplify these bootstrap packages in Guix, so > that they can be built with even fewer build-time features. If you fetch branch wip-bootstrap from*) https://gitlab.com/janneke/guix and run ./pre-inst-env guix graph --type=bag-with-origins tcc-boot > bag+origins.dot you get a clear understanding of what Ricardo was saying: you'll find the nice and clean attached image tucked away in the top right corner, above an enormous cloud of dependencies...ugh! Is there a way to use replace the guile-2.2.2 dependency with the static bootstrap tarball guile-2.0.9? That would already help a lot! *) should i push this to savannah wip-bootstrap? janneke