Hi, Christopher Baines writes: > Awesome stuff Chris, I've tried this myself, on a Debian machine with > Docker installed. Great! It's heartening to know that I'm not the only one tinkering with this. :-) > I changed the %base-file-systems in the very-bare-bones system with > %container-file-systems, and then things started working. I see. I'll have to try this, too. > I tried without privileged mode, and got a error related to the firmware > service. This isn't included when you build call > operating-system-derivation with the #:container? #t argument, and sure > enough I was able to get the system up without the Docker --privileged > flag. I think Ludo mentioned this in his reply. Excellent! I'll have to do that, too. > Unfortunately, while I could get a shell using "docker exec ...", I had > to start the guix-daemon manually as the shepherd service didn't seem to > work, at least initially. Also, when I had started it, I tried > installing a package, and there was some promising output to start off > with, but then it failed with: > > guix package: error: build failed: cloning builder process: Operation > not permitted Huh. I'll look into this. > Anyway, this is all pretty great! Awesome work getting this far. I'm > very excited to see what services will run this way, as Docker could > provide, albeit with some overhead, a layer of interoperability between > software that can handle Docker containers, and Guix. I agree! Thank you for taking the time to test this out. It's extremely helpful to get a second pair of eyes on it. -- Chris