ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes: > Hi! > > Christopher Baines skribis: > >> I'm using a UK keyboard layout with a computer that I recently installed >> GuixSD on with a encrypted root parition. Immediately after installation >> when I attempted to boot in to the new system for the first time I had >> to enter the passphrase twice, and in doing this, first I had to use the >> keyboard layout under which I carried out the installation (the layout >> which I had intended to use), and then during the early boot stage of >> the system I had to enter the passphrase using a different keyboard >> layout. > > Currently installing a keymap is something done by the ‘console-keymap’ > Shepherd service, which invokes ‘loadkeys’. That happens after > “cryptsetup --open” has opened your encrypted root device, hence the > problem. > > Should we install the keymap right in the initrd, before we’ve mounted > the root partition? That would require copying the right keymap(s) and > probably ‘loadkeys’ to the initrd, which might make it quite big. > > Suggestions? How do others handle it? > > Thanks for your report, > Ludo’. I may be wrong, but keep in mind that Grub and other bootloaders might require their own configuration to set the keyboard layout, also. -- Chris