Danny Milosavljevic writes: > There are now three manual "-virtfs" arguments to qemu. It's starting to irk me > a little. It might make sense to generate those from %linux-vm-filesystems > in order to not have so much duplication and places where things can go wrong > when maintaining. > > If you'd like, could you maybe pass the %linux-vm-filesystems to > load-in-linux-vm and then automatically calculate those -virtfs entries? > > (In a future patchset - I don't wanna hold up this one) I agree this would be nice. I also agree we should do it in a future patch series. > There's already common-qemu-options which would support >, > and %store-mapping, so actually it would make sense to use those (probably easiest > to move build/vm.scm's load-in-linux-vm into system/vm.scm > expression->derivation-in-linux-vm so the qemu stuff isn't scattered all over > the place - right now, half is in gnu/system/vm.scm and a mostly redundant half > is in gnu/build/vm.scm ... not ideal). > > There's a "mapping->file-system" helper, so it might make sense to use > instead of in %linux-vm-filesystems. > > So all in all: > > * Modify %linux-vm-filesystems to be file-system-mappings instead of file-systems. > Also modify the place it is used. > * Move load-in-linux-vm to gnu/system/vm.scm (maybe inline into caller). > * Modify load-in-linux-vm to use common-qemu-options. > Notice that the "-append" option is passed twice. Bug... <-- I just fixed that in master Good catch! Thank you for fixing it. > If you want I can do it. I wish I could say "I'll do it!", but honestly I might not be able to get to it for a few weeks. So if you have the time, by all means please do it! Otherwise, I might get around to it eventually. -- Chris