On Sun, May 06, 2018 at 11:48:28 +0200, Hartmut Goebel wrote: > Am 06.05.2018 um 03:24 schrieb Mike Gerwitz: >> On Sat, May 05, 2018 at 19:06:27 -0300, Adonay Felipe Nogueira wrote: >>> I have noticed somepeople advocating for packaging Firefox in GNU Guix, >>> and since FF still has freedom issues, I see it as a no-go. >> A simple option for now is to package FF by disabling those features and >> _not_ providing an alternative. For example, IceCat loads a different >> addon page than FF; we could just load no addon page at all, or a static >> one saying that it's something'll we'll get to eventually. > > Not packaging FF or crippling FF is a no-go! Doing so will discourage > users from using GuixSD and Free Software. Packaging Firefox as-is is not an option. In the case of their addon system, they encourage installation of non-free addons, which is against the Free Software Distribution Guidelines (FSDG), and is the same reason that Debian isn't a recommended free software distribution. https://www.gnu.org/distros/free-system-distribution-guidelines.html -- Mike Gerwitz Free Software Hacker+Activist | GNU Maintainer & Volunteer GPG: D6E9 B930 028A 6C38 F43B 2388 FEF6 3574 5E6F 6D05 https://mikegerwitz.com