Hello Pierre, Pierre Neidhardt writes: > Indeed! Since our discussion, Mike worked on a new implementation from scratch > (yes, a 3rd version) which supported IPC I don't see any major or minor versions changes of emacs-emms package from our previous discussion. It's 5.0 still. So our previous discussion should still be relevant. Do I miss something? > , was backward compatible and which > implementation was much simpler than the not-so-simple emms-player-simple-mpv. That's why I've told you about 1936 lines in emms-player-simple-mpv package. :-) Emms MPV implementation has only about 200 lines. > I don't know about JSON. Can you tell me which feature you are > looking for? […] I want Emacs Emms to handle a single process as ‘emms-player-simple-mpv’ does but ‘emacs-emms’ 5.0 doesn't. I tried ‘emacs-emms’ with following configuration, but I didn't succeeded to get a single process: (require 'emms-setup) (emms-all) (emms-default-players) Selecting next or previous item in a playlist will kill and spawn a new ‘mpv’ process. > If there is something we should work on with the mpv player, we can discuss this > further on the Emms mailing list. I don't think I want to discuss anything further currently on the Emms mailing list, because Emms mailing list is not responsible for emacs-emms-player-simple-mpv package in Guix. Do you have anything to prevent a revert of the change until emacs-emms 5.x will provide single process handling via JSON or another RPC? Regards, Oleg.