Marius Bakke writes: > Christopher Baines writes: > >> I'm trying to continue along with the Rails packaging (#30689), but I >> noticed that currently if the tests fail for packages using the ruby >> build system, then the package build doesn't fail. >> >> These patches should get most of the packages using the ruby build >> system to raise exceptions when there are errors, and return #t >> otherwise. >> >> I'm hopeful that this can be merged directly in to master, I build 180 >> packages in not that much time at all to test this change [1]. >> >> 1: ./pre-inst-env guix package -s ruby- | recsel -P name | xargs ./pre-inst-env guix build > > Thank you for fixing it! Since this only affects gems, not ruby itself > (which has ~900 dependencies), I think it can go on 'master' too[1]. > > [1] guix refresh -l $(guix package -s ^ruby- | recsel -P name) Great :) > By the way, Ruby 2.5 is out. Are you willing to try upgrading it for > 'staging'? :-) Sure :) I'll take a look.