Hey Clément, I'm still working through my thoughts on how all of this should work. I feel like there are a few different use-cases that change the trade-offs (eg. servers vs desktops, multi-user vs single-user) and I don't know what the best defaults are, or the most useful ways to vary that behaviour. I've attached my most recent version of my patches. I haven't had a chance to test them (so they may have really dumb mistakes), but they should implement the idea of restart-actions as procedures. On Fri, Nov 30 2018, Clément Lassieur wrote: > It could also detect whether you pass a symbol or a procedure. > In most cases that would be a symbol which would allow static > analysis. But one could still customize it with a procedure. I don't like this way of having two different representations for the same thing. In my current implementation there are three procedures, {always,manually,never}-restart, which can be used directly in the place of the old symbols (thus we can check for those strategies with eq?). Carlo