all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* GSoC 2019
@ 2019-01-25  8:11 Gábor Boskovits
From: Gábor Boskovits @ 2019-01-25  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix-devel

Hello,

Ludo created the GSoC ideas page for this year:
https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:Guix/GSoC-2019

It is based on last year's page.

I removed the Cuirass Web Interface project, as it was completed. We
can discuss a project to improve it, but that would need repharsing
anyway. Would anyone like to propose something related to that?

I also removed the Daemon Rewrite project, as reepca is working on
that as an University project.

I would like to ask people who offered to be mentors last year to
review, and notify us if they can't mentor. I intend to notify the
gnu-soc mailing list about the new page no eariler than 2019.01.30,
12:00 UTC.

Anyone is welcome to add more project ideas to the page, if you would
like to propose something, please do so.

Best regards,
g_bor

* Re: GSoC 2019
@ 2019-01-28 10:31 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2019-01-28 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gábor Boskovits; +Cc: Guix-devel

Hello Gábor,

Gábor Boskovits <boskovits@gmail.com> skribis:

> Ludo created the GSoC ideas page for this year:
> https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:Guix/GSoC-2019
>
> It is based on last year's page.
>
> I removed the Cuirass Web Interface project, as it was completed. We
> can discuss a project to improve it, but that would need repharsing
> anyway. Would anyone like to propose something related to that?

There’s more work that could be done, it’d be interesting!

> I also removed the Daemon Rewrite project, as reepca is working on
> that as an University project.

Oh, that’s nice!  Reepca, do get in touch with us!  The more we talk,
the better.  :-)

> I would like to ask people who offered to be mentors last year to
> review, and notify us if they can't mentor. I intend to notify the
> gnu-soc mailing list about the new page no eariler than 2019.01.30,
> 12:00 UTC.

Thanks for taking care of it.  Many people here have expertise on
various subdomains of the code base, so I hope you people won’t be
afraid to step up and propose a project!

Ludo’.

* Re: GSoC 2019
@ 2019-01-28 21:28 ` Björn Höfling
From: Björn Höfling @ 2019-01-28 21:28 UTC (permalink / raw)