Hi Guix, I avoided doing this when fixing up GDM because it seemed a little ham-fisted (clumsy). However, I think it is better than all the ink that would be spilled on help-guix without it. In short, the point is to make sure that D-Bus services included in a user’s profile can be found and started by the session bus. This means that if you are using GDM and install “evolution-data-server” and “gnome-calendar” (for example), the session bus will be able to start all of the services that GNOME Calendar needs to function correctly. There are a handful of major GNOME applications that need this. Furthermore, I think we should add “evolution-data-server” as a propagated input for packages that require it. This way, things like “guix install evolution” will just work the way one expects. Is it okay to assume that “.guix-profile” is the user’s profile like this? If it isn’t okay in general, is it okay enough for now?