all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Packaging udev rules along with their binary
@ 2019-05-30  1:11 LaFreniere, Joseph
From: LaFreniere, Joseph @ 2019-05-30  1:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

I am attempting to package brightnessctl [0].  The repository
provides relevant udev rules in a file 90-brightnessctl.rules, and
its makefile has allowances for optionally copying and chmoding
those rules.

What is the recommended way to go about packaging this for Guix?
Should I take an approach similar to android-udev-rules, and
package the rules file separately "to be added as a rule to the
@code{udev-service-type} in your @code{operating-system}
configuration"?

[0]
https://github.com/Hummer12007/brightnessctl/blob/master/Makefile

--
Joseph LaFreniere

* Re: Packaging udev rules along with their binary
@ 2019-05-30  3:58 ` Vagrant Cascadian
From: Vagrant Cascadian @ 2019-05-30  3:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: LaFreniere, Joseph, help-guix

On 2019-05-29, LaFreniere\, Joseph wrote:
> I am attempting to package brightnessctl [0].  The repository
> provides relevant udev rules in a file 90-brightnessctl.rules, and
> its makefile has allowances for optionally copying and chmoding
> those rules.

It's already packaged in Guix since late March (commit
ab7f1eb97abd49676f8e98e35e861f9785f0c2b2).

It includes the udev rules file ion the package. I forget exactly what I
did to configure the udev rules, but I recall using one of the options
right out of the manual:

  https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/Base-Services.html

Enjoy!

live well,