Hi Efraim, Simon, The attached patches provide Simon's suggested julia-deterministic build. With this, I get deterministic julia build, *but* only on a single machine. Building on a different machine I get a different output. I still need to investigate why. Also, some of the patches are probably not needed at all. In the near future, as discussed previously, I aim at submitting required patches upstream. I disabled tests in julia-deterministic, so it get built quite fast (~10minutes). If you want to try to see if this is reproducible//know how to figure out what might be happening on different machines, feedback is wellcome! My ouptut is (patches applied on 75741af9b2): guix hash -r /gnu/store/mp8hl7j09nfnsxbb3a6ka23ww44gq0z2-julia-deterministic-1.4.1 1k6mak38nkiaj0b9l6rcmxfcjwvbijmczxs703hgawwi6z0jikxl