all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Mark H Weaver <mhw@netris.org>
To: Maxime Devos <maximedevos@telenet.be>,
	Joshua Branson <jbranso@dismail.de>,
	guix-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: FYI: guile-scheme bindings to GNU Mach and the Hurd
Date: Sun, 02 May 2021 02:03:48 -0400	[thread overview]

Hi Maxime,

Maxime Devos <maximedevos@telenet.be> writes:

> Joshua Branson schreef op za 01-05-2021 om 11:04 [-0400]:
>> Hey guix people,
>>
>> I just ran across a pretty recent thread in bug-hurd land.  Apparently
>> there is a VERY WIP effort to get some guile-scheme bindings for GNU
>> Mach and the Hurd.
>>
>> Since it might be of interest to guixy people, I thought I'd share:
>> https://notabug.org/mdevos/guile-hurd
>
> I moved it to <https://notabug.org/guile-hurd/guile-hurd>.

This is very exciting work.  I've often thought that it would be nice to
have such bindings.  Among other things, it potentially opens up many
interesting possibilities for Guix running on the Hurd.  I have no time
at the moment to elaborate on this, but perhaps in a future message.
For now, I will simply offer my thanks and kudos :)

     Regards,
       Mark

--
Disinformation flourishes because many people care deeply about injustice
but very few check the facts.  Ask me about <https://stallmansupport.org>.