Hi Konrad, Konrad Hinsen writes: > I guess there is nothing we can do retroactively to fix this, but can we > do something to prevent such issues in the future? > > One idea is to allow disabling tests at the command line. I'd then run > "guix build" for that specific package with tests disabled, and > continue. That should be doable with a suitable package transformation. We have --without-tests=package already, see --help-transform for all available package transformations. The one annoying thing is that disabling tests will change the derivation and you thus will not recover the same store item (it might be bit-for-bit equivalent, but its path will not be the same), preventing you from using substitutes either. Though, I'm not sure it will help you here because openssl is built as part of the `guix time-machine`'s build process, which afaik cannot be transformed. By the way, we can also "fix the past" by using guix/quirks.scm. Since that version of openssl doesn't build anymore, I wonder if we could just change its derivation retroactively to at least make it build. Best, -- Josselin Poiret