Hi Hilton, Hilton Chain writes: > Hi Simon, > > On Wed, 09 Aug 2023 20:59:02 +0800, > Simon Pugnet wrote: >> >> I'm not a Guix or Nix expert but as far as I understand Nix solves >> this problem by using "pkgs.dockerTools.buildLayeredImage" (see >> http://ryantm.github.io/nixpkgs/builders/images/dockertools/#ssec-pkgs-dockerTools-buildLayeredImage) >> and "streamLayeredImage". In this example, this could in theory be >> used to build a coreutils-python image where coreutils exists in >> its >> own layer. That would mean that the coreutils-rust image could >> share >> the coreutils layer, saving space. >> >> Is there any way to achieve something similar in Guix? If not then >> are >> there any plans to support this functionality? > > It's currently not available in Guix, but there's a patch series > for it. > > Thanks Excellent, thanks for pointing that out, and sorry for missing it in my searches! Kind regards, -- Simon Pugnet https://www.polaris64.net/ PGP key fingerprint: 3BF7 85DE 162C 00C8 FB4D A6FD BA13 59A8 2C0B 3EF9