Hello, I noticed that my /var/log/messages (and other log files and tty12) were not filled anymore. I found that the problem is in "syslog.conf": when the "rule" lines begin with spaces, they are ignored, so I'm attaching a patch to fix it.¹ The strange thing is it worked earlier (with the same config) and since nobody noticed that before, I have a feeling that it might be the problem on my computer. So I appreciate if someone confirms that the problem really exists. Also I think it would be good to allow a user to specify his own configuration file for syslogd (a patch is also attached²). WDYT? Thanks, Alex.