Ludovic Courtès (2015-10-16 11:20 +0300) wrote: > Alex Kost skribis: > >> What about modifying ‘guix’ package to make various "View graph" actions >> in "M-x guix" work by default (without installing graphviz)? > > I would rather change Guix itself: What about adding ‘guix-dot-program’ > to guix-config.el.in, set to "@DOT_USER_PROGRAM@" (which doesn’t exist > yet)? Great idea! However I think instead of moving ‘guix-dot-program’ to "guix-config.el.in", it is better to move ‘guix-guile-program’ to "guix-external.el" instead (explained below). > We can’t use @DOT@ because currently it is set to something like: > > DOT='${SHELL} /home/ludo/src/guix/build-aux/missing dot' Yes, that's why I didn't use @DOT@, and decided to modify the ‘guix’ package instead. > So we need an AC_PATH_PROG for dot that defines the ‘DOT_USER_PROGRAM’ > substitution variable. > > Does that make sense? Yes, this is great! I didn't think to go this way, thanks! Along with the patch for this change, I'm also attaching a patch to "improve" guix-config.el: to make all its constants begin with "guix-config-" prefix and to use them in the real variables that may be modified by a user. WDYT?