Ricardo Wurmus writes: > Ludovic Courtès writes: > >> I’m not familiar enough with Docker but I’m under the impression that we >> should be able to generate an image without even using Docker. :-) > > The attached patch adds a Docker export feature, so you can do this: > > docker load < \ > $(guix archive --export-docker-image=$(readlink -f ~/.guix-profile)) > > [...] > > I used it successfully to build an Emacs Docker image like this: > > guix environment --ad-hoc coreutils bash emacs-no-x-toolkit > docker load < $(guix archive --export-docker-image=$GUIX_ENVIRONMENT) Wow! That's pretty cool. If it's this easy to make a Docker image, I'm sure it'll be a good incentive for Docker users to try out Guix! What happens if I invoke this command while GC is trying to delete the specified path? > +;; See https://github.com/opencontainers/image-spec/blob/master/config.md > +(define (config layer time) > + "Generate a minimal image configuratio for the given LAYER file." Minor typo. -- Chris