Hi Adonay! Adonay Felipe Nogueira writes: > Hi all! :) > > I bring you a request: We might need "real" developers working on this > --- because I don't know how to make programs in the languages being > used by upstreams. Also, I'm somewhat "up to my ears" on study paperwork > now. :) > > I have attached an improved set of recipes (in one .scm file, still not > a patch), that take suggestions from > [[https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/ring/2017-03/msg00007.html]] --- > the list archive item doesn't show it, but someone replied privately to > me saying that msgpack must be made with "C++11" set. > > Here is the notes that I have made so far: > > - I did not test the changes I made yet, but I plan to once I can > upgrade my packages installed through Guix. > > - Updated commit of ring-project.tar.gz still has lots of patches that > are applied to their upstream. The attached set of recipes, however, > doesn't have the updated version yet (due to lack of my time). > > - Also, I just tried contacting pjsip/pjproject on an old issue that > relates to the "gnutls" patch: > [[http://lists.pjsip.org/pipermail/pjsip_lists.pjsip.org/2017-April/019937.html]]. > > - For the detailed questions of which license the patched *result* > should have, I recommend you to talk to ssalenick and dkc in #ring > channel at chat.freenode.net, because I already talked with them > briefely. Also, if they don't remember, tell them that they were > discussing this with "adfeno". > > - Other notes are in the .scm file. Interesting coincidence! I was looking into GNU Ring as of last weekend and would be interested in getting it packaged. There's still 2 things I want to finish being free to work on it, so I might get around it in a week or so. If no one else volunteers, I can take it! Maxim