all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* libstdc++ for cross compilers
@ 2017-04-10 13:24 Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2017-04-10 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi Guix,

I’m trying to update my custom package for the Axoloti audio board,
which is not yet in Guix because it depends on bundled Java jars.  The
package includes a user interface written in Java and a cross-compiled
firmware for the board.

The latest version includes C++ sources for the firmware.
Unfortunately, our “arm-none-eabi” cross-compiler package does not
build libstdc++, nor does it come with any of the required C++ headers
like “cmath”.

So I tried to change our “arm-none-eabi” cross-compiler packages to also
build and install libstdc++ but failed in a multitude of ways.  The end
result is always that either the compiler fails to build (e.g. when
enabling libstdc++ via configure flags) or that the compiler fails to
find the header files that are included via “#include_next” directives
(e.g. when building libstdc++ as a separate package).

Could someone with GCC experience give me a hint despite my vague
problem description?

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net