Ricardo Wurmus writes: > Marius Bakke writes: > >> ng0 writes: >> >>> feh https://i.imgur.com/263enxT.jpg >>> feh opens image >>> >>> Problem: >>> user@abyayala ~/src/guix/guix$ feh https://i.imgur.com/263enxT.jpg >>> feh WARNING: open url: server certificate verification failed. CAfile: none CRLfile: none >>> feh WARNING: https://i.imgur.com/263enxT.jpg - File does not exist >>> feh: No loadable images specified. >>> See 'man feh' for detailed usage information >> >> This is the same issue with libcurl as has been discussed many times in >> the past. Since it won't be fixed upstream any time soon (support for >> CURL_CA_BUNDLE has been removed also for Windows), I suggest we "bite >> the bullet" this time and add a hard-coded default. > > This would mean that individual users no longer have control over what > certificate authorities they want to trust. Check and mate. I never considered this, but that makes this patch a non-starter. > Does anything speak against patching in support for the CURL_CA_BUNDLE > environment variable? No, it looks like the only option. Should set a good precedent. :-)