Ludovic Courtès writes: > ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) skribis: > >> The problem is not that ‘xorg-server-1.19.3’ is hidden (we can work >> around it with -e), but that it inherits from ‘xorg-server’, and thus >> ended up being rebuilt. > > Nevertheless, commit 8e57e416c0a6431a14d487ff8b69dece76d37c03 makes sure > ‘guix refresh -l’ accounts for hidden packages. > > For instance, previously it would not report the hidden ‘xorg-server’ > when running ‘guix refresh -l dri2proto’; it now does. Thanks, that was fast! Closing the bug. > I think it doesn’t change results significantly though. Maybe not, but at least people won't accidentally trigger a GTK rebuild and soon 'net-tools-for-tests' because `guix refresh` missed it. It would be good to reduce the inputs of these packages to the absolute minimum in order to minimize the impact. Something to think about.