Tobias Geerinckx-Rice writes: > Marius! > > On 2018-04-24 20:08, Marius Bakke wrote: >> The other remaining issue is that some data is sent to Google whenever >> you start the browser for the first time. > > Sounds great! What data, exactly? I haven't MITM'd it to check, unfortunately. Help wanted! The reason I don't think it's a blocking issue, is because Chromium is a massive project and I cannot guarantee that it will never "call home". So while I am intent on fixing the issue, especially since it's easy to test (chromium --user-data-dir=/tmp/foo), it's just one of many "call home" scenarios/antifeatures. And if you enable extensions or log in all bets are off. Even Inox, which goes great lengths to de-google it, admits that they can't guarantee privacy. Other scenarios include checking for IPv6 availability, testing for captive portal, etc. And I think it even falls back to Google DNS if the system resolver is unresponsive. :-(