Hi! I'm resurrecting this since I got bitten by this today. I'm currently writing a blog article on profiles and manifest, and I realized that Emacs is the only program so far that does not behave consistently with the rest of Guix. When I source the etc/profile where I've installed my Emacs packages, I'd expect the appropriate environment variables to be set so that `guix-emacs-autoload-packages' knows where to load the packages from. I believe the solution to be simple: 1. Make Emacs packages set XDG_DATA_DIRS in etc/profile 2. guix-emacs.el: Remove guix-user-profile 3. guix-emacs.el: Set profiles to all the paths in XDG_DATA_DIRS in the guix-emacs-autoload-packages function. Thoughts? -- Pierre Neidhardt https://ambrevar.xyz/