Hi Veera! Welcome! Veera writes: > I like to work with Danny Milosavljevic, the mentor of the project: > Guix Integration of desktop environments into GNU Guix Cool, sounds like this is very much needed! Do you have a link to share the description of the assignment? > I am a self taught computer and software user. I am a Linux user for 15 years. > I have used Redhat, Fedora, Debian and others. I have built Linuxfromscratch > and Beyond LFS and used them for a custom distro for myself. I know some C, > Shell, awk, Perl, Python, Lua and basic system administration. > > I have heard about Guix from news and have checked about it a little before. > I do not know Scheme/Guile Language. Since you are already familiar with programming, I suggest the book Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programming. It's available for free online: https://mitpress.mit.edu/sites/default/files/sicp/full-text/book/book.html With modern editing: http://sarabander.github.io/sicp/ It's available as a Texinfo manual which is packaged in Guix. Finally, the video recordings of the class are insightful and to the point: https://mitpress.mit.edu/sites/default/files/sicp/full-text/book/book.html Cheers! -- Pierre Neidhardt https://ambrevar.xyz/