Control: tags 44675 +patch On 2020-11-15, Vagrant Cascadian wrote: > Please consider a guix lint description/synopsis check for basic > spelling, typo and rudimentary grammar issues. ... > Many of these are likely to be caught by most spell checking routines; > I'm not sure if there is anything that would be implementable in pure > guile, or it if would make sense to call out to an external > spellchecker. > > Some of them might be harder, and obviously we do not want too many > false positives, but no need to get perfectionist on solving this; even > just checking for "This packages" would haved detected many of these > issues! In the attached patch, I've implemented a simple lint check for "This packages", which has been fixed in ... 42 packages so far in the git repository, so maybe this could help catch future ones! I haven't implemented a more complicated spellchecker or grammar checker or anything, but at least this is a start. I think it is also within my skills to address "allows to" and "permits to", if I'm not heading down the wrong path here... live well, vagrant