Hi, On Mon, Nov 01 2021, Liliana Marie Prikler wrote: > Hi, > > Am Montag, den 01.11.2021, 14:22 +0100 schrieb Xinglu Chen: >> [...] >> >> The keys should be strings; the rules for >> ‘home-environment-variable-service-type’ apply here (see “11.3.1 >> Essential Home Services”). > You might want to explicitly state that. Yes, good idea. >> > At which point are these fields inserted into which files (e.g. do >> > the aliases come before profile or after it)? >> >> Good question! The contents of ‘aliases’ and ‘bashrc’ are put into >> ~/.bashrc, in that order. The contents of ‘bash-profile’ and >> ‘environment-variables’ are put into ~/.bash_profile, in that order. >> This doesn’t seem that consistent, is there any preference to what >> order should be used? > You can use whichever makes sense to you, I'm just pointing out that it > ought to be documented. > >> > If some field is already described as part of home-bash-service, >> > you might also want to link back to it, but you should still state >> > where the extension occurs. Is new code added to the front or to >> > the back for instance. (On that note, is the text-config type >> > well-documented?) >> >> I don’t think there is a way to link to ‘home-bash-configuration’ >> using Texinfo; one can only link to “Shells Home Services”. > Texinfo should support anchors, which can point to arbitrary text. Of > course one could overdo it by linking each and every field, but imho > having one link for context is better than none. Ah, that would do it. Thanks for the pointer. I will send an updated series.