Hi Andrew, Andrew Tropin writes: > I try to run emacs in gdb with debug symbols for some libs available, I > succeed with gtk+, but it doesn't work for glib and glibc. It looks > strange to me, but maybe I am doing something wrong. > > Reproducer: > > guix shell gdb emacs-next-pgtk glibc:debug gtk+:debug glib:debug \ > --with-debug-info=glibc --with-debug-info=glib --with-debug-info=gtk+ \ > --no-grafts -- gdb .emacs-30.0.50-real At least for glibc, the glibc that is linked against is the one in (gnu packages commencement), which is hidden from the user. The one in (gnu packages base), which you can refer to with "glibc" is different. You can try to find the proper debug output by looking at `guix size` of your store path, then finding out the deriver for glibc with `guix gc --derivers` and finally looking at the .drv to find out what the debug output should be. For glib, it might be similar, make sure that you're using exactly the right store path for it. Best, -- Josselin Poiret