Hi Maxim, Maxim Cournoyer writes: [...] >> c. how do we get the issue number of a patch containing "Change-Id"? [1] > > We'd have to search through the currently opened patches issues; I > assume using a tool like the 'mumi' command we already have could do > that. It would be fantastic if we find a way for mumi to index (via xapian) the "Change-Id", enabling us to provide a query like this: (is:open and change-id:). I don'r know if this is doable by mumi alone or if it needs Debbugs to be able to manage the new "Change-Id" attribute. If there is enough consensus I volunteer to collect ideas and send a feature request to the mumi and/or Debbugs devels (if we need Debbugs patches I guess it will be a long term goal) >> [1] right now how do we get the issue number of a committed patch? > > There's no direct mapping. You have to search by subject name. IMO a link like this is _very_ useful in helping bug tracking management (and also for historians :-) ) and we should find a way to manage that. Also for this reason (other that possibly automated bug closing) IMO committers should add a "Fixes: #" signature (or what is called in Git) to each commit with an associeted bug report. WDYT? -- Giovanni Biscuolo Xelera IT Infrastructures