Hi Philippe, Philippe SWARTVAGHER writes: > Hello, > > I'm running Guix on a foreign distro, Debian, with systemd. I installed > Guix with the shell installer script. > > The documentation > https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Invoking-guix-publish.html > mentions (at the bottom) that I can execute the following command to > enable the Guix Publish service: > > ln -s ~root/.guix-profile/lib/systemd/system/guix-publish.service > /etc/systemd/system/ > > However, the file > ~root/.guix-profile/lib/systemd/system/guix-publish.service does not > exist (actually, ~/root/.guix-profile doesn't exist). As a temporary workaround, you can install the `guix` package in the root's profile. The problem stems from the fact that the `guix pull`-built guix doesn't include many extras that the Makefile-built guix has, like that file. Maybe we should include it in the `guix pull` build, so that it is easily available and updated? Best, -- Josselin Poiret