Hi Florian, "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" writes: > Arnaud Daby-Seesaram writes: >> +(define %sway-default-variables >> + `((mod . "Mod4") >> + (left . "h") >> + (down . "j") >> + (up . "k") >> + (right . "l") >> + (term . ,(file-append foot "/bin/foot")) >> + (menu . ,#~(string-append >> + #$dmenu "/bin/dmenu_path | \\\n " >> + #$wmenu "/bin/wmenu | \\\n " >> + #$findutils "/bin/xargs \\\n " >> + #$sway "/bin/swaymsg exec --")))) > > After I added new packages to home-environment’s packages field, > dmenu_path does not list newly installed packages for me, because it > is a shell script which needs a program called stest in PATH. > > Now the wmenu_path I talked about earlier appears to be an invention > by the OpenBSD people that does not need stest [1]. > > Perhaps for more hackability, we could deviate from upstream and put in > a call to guile with a Scheme script in a computed-file that opens a > pipe to/from wmenu and does the same as dmenu_path without cache only on > ~/.guix-home/profile/bin. Yes indeed. Do you think that the Guile script should replace all of "$menu", or just the dmenu_path part? On this topic, do you know if there is a built-in way to write `find -maxdepth 1 ...' in Guile (without calling `readdir' manually)? > only on ~/.guix-home/profile/bin. What is the rationale for restricting the menu to this directory (and not all directories in (filter directory-exists? (string-split (getenv "PATH") #\:)) ? > Or change the dmenu_path program with `substitute' to use the absolute > file-name of stest. I think that the Guile script might be simpler. By `substitute', do you mean in the package definition? This does not seem necessary, as people installing dmenu have stest in their profile. "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" writes: > There is no bg anymore. > [...] > Should be point-y. The point-issue was introduced in the v6. I apologise for those issues that I bring in new patches... Thank you for catching them! In my local files, I have also switched from using `open-output-file' to `call-with-output-file'¹ and reduced the number of redundant calls to `make-string'. ¹: in previous patches, I never called `close-port'. "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" writes: > Hi Arnaud. I still have not tested nor reviewed all features, but > some comments: Do you want me to send a v8 with the above fixes, or should I wait until we change the content of the "$menu" variable? Best regards, -- Arnaud