Ludovic Courtès (2014-09-07 01:11 +0400) wrote: > Taylan Ulrich Bayirli/Kammer skribis: > >> By the way, it might be nice to have an option to list the secondary >> outputs of a package explicitly alongside the normal, as if it were just >> another package. > > Currently *Guix Package List* shows, for instance: > > gcc-toolchain 4.9.1 out, debug debug, out Complete GCC tool chain for C/C++ development > > Are you suggesting that it should instead show it as two lines? > > gcc-toolchain 4.9.1 out yes Complete GCC tool chain for C/C++ development > gcc-toolchain 4.9.1 debug yes Complete GCC tool chain for C/C++ development > > I think I would prefer it. (One advantage is that it would allow users > to mark just one specific output, which is not currently possible.) Hello, I have made some changes to make that possible. Also I would like to push 2 more commits (the patches attached) with huge but internal changes. “guix-main.scm” is mostly rewritten (so the commit message is big and ugly). Now it looks purely functional for me (I finally removed ‘set-current-manifest-maybe!’). As for the changes visible to a user: now it is possible to get a list of outputs with “(setq guix-package-list-type 'output)”. Should it be default? Another UI question: RET in “*Guix Package List*” buffer describes current package(s) in “*Guix Package Info*” buffer. Analogously, RET in “*Guix Output List*” buffer describes current output(s) in “*Guix Output Info*” buffer. However I think it's not very useful: “output-info” buffer is very similar to “package-info” but it contains only one output per package info. So I think it would be better to display a usual “package-info” buffer (with all available outputs for a package) when a user press RET in a list of outputs. [not a clear description, isn't it :-)] WDYT? As always I'm not sure in the quality of the commit messages. Thanks for your patience :)