Hello! "Thompson, David" skribis: > On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 4:22 AM, Ludovic Courtès wrote: > >> It Would Be Nice if the libgit2 bindings were maintained separately. We >> can start with just the features we need as (guix git), but if anyone >> wants to “externalize” it and improve it, that would be more than >> welcome! > > I started a "guile-git" project awhile ago, but didn't get anywhere. > Maybe I can snarf your bindings as a starting point? Definitely, that’d be a great contribution! Among other things, I didn’t pay attention to memory management; some objects need finalizers, some are documented as having the same life time as the repository object they come from (a weak-key hash table could be used to have the life time of Scheme object match that of their C counterpart.) Nothing terrible though, and you know all that very well. > If the bindings were an external project, would it be an optional or > mandatory dependency? It may become a mandatory dependency because we’d use it in ‘guix pull’. > Would you be OK with licensing the code under LGPLv3 or later? Fine with me! Thank you! Ludo’.