Oleg, if I understood correctly, your concern was about inputs. To re-quote myself: > If I understand correctly, relying on native-inputs would mean that if the user > runs `guix gc`, then all of inxi "optional" dependencies would go. > Is this correct? What's your take on inputs then? If there is anything else, please go ahead, I can try to address those issues. I don't have deep knowledge of Perl either so there might be some more issues I haven't noticed yet. But I think those can easily be patched in the future when we have more user feedback. I think it's better to have a package that behaves well in the general case than not having a package at all. -- Pierre Neidhardt The solution of problems is the most characteristic and peculiar sort of voluntary thinking. -- William James