Alex Vong writes: > [...] It seems many think λ is not newcomer-friendly [...]. I would go one step farther and argue that the name "lambda" itself is not the best, regardless of whether it's written as "lambda" or "λ". I agree with the authors of Structure and Interpretation of Computers when they wrote ((sicp) 1.3.2): "It would be clearer and less intimidating to people learning Lisp if a name more obvious than ‘lambda’, such as ‘make-procedure’, were used. But the convention is firmly entrenched." But I digress. That ship has sailed, so the least we can do is to write "lambda" instead of "λ" to keep Guix approachable/hackable for newcomers. Every little bit counts. -- Chris