Hi! Ludovic Courtès writes: > Pjotr Prins skribis: > >> Yesterday I gave a passionate 'I love Guix' lightning talk about Guix >> packages at the biohackathon in Japan. Many people after approached me >> and said that the website is confusing them because it looks like it >> is promoting a Linux distribution... I know this is an old topic, but >> it would be nice if we found a way to promote Guix packaging as it >> works so well outside GuixSD. > > Yes, that should be a nice side-effect of calling everything “Guix”. does this mean that "guix system" is capable of instantiating/reconfiguring an operating-system declaration (services included) even outside GuixSD? AFAIK for this we need Sheperd as PID 1 and I do not know how I can get it on a systemd based (or any other different PID 1) distro do we need a FAQ on https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/, the first may be "What is the difference between GuixSD and Guix"? thanks! Gio -- Giovanni Biscuolo Xelera IT Infrastructures