Ricardo Wurmus writes: >> So TeX Live packages would use ‘texlive-fetch’ instead of ‘svn-fetch’ or >> similar, right? >> >> If that’s the case, then merely computing the derivation of one of these >> would require fetching the tldb database, which would be problematic. >> Is this correct? > > I think there has been a misunderstanding here. Pierre seems to be > using the name “texlive-fetch” for two different things. No, the "texlive-fetch" I meant was Ricardo's idea. We are talking about the same thing. > The extraction of information from the plain text database (which is > included with “texlive-bin”) is done “offline” when using the importer, > i.e. when generating package definitions. Exactly, I think this is the part that Ludovic misunderstood. -- Pierre Neidhardt https://ambrevar.xyz/