Hello Guix! Ricardo Wurmus writes: > Andreas Enge writes: > >> I think that the Scintilla license is non-free... >> >> On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 01:24:15PM +0200, Nicolas Goaziou wrote: >>> Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and >>> its documentation for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted, >>> >>> and the ISC license is: >>> Permission to use, copy, modify, and/or distribute this software for >>> any purpose with or without fee is hereby granted, >> >> Notice the lack of the little word "with" in the first license. > > Interestingly, Debian includes Scite which includes code under the > Scintilla license (see bottom): > > https://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/changelogs//main/s/scite/scite_3.7.2-1_copyright The correct license name is "Historical Permission Notice and Disclaimer", thanks to Wikipedia [1] This is the GNU entry: https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.en.html#HPND the approved text is here: https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/License:HPND and Scintilla uses that text AFAIU I've added HPND to our gnu/licenses.scm and sent a patch, bug number #36295; give me a go/no go please :-) (I can push it if needed) Happy Guix! Gio'. [1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scintilla_(software) -- Giovanni Biscuolo Xelera IT Infrastructures