Hello, Christopher Baines writes: > Some really minor description things I missed earlier: > > ghc-aeson-better-errors, ghc-transformers and ghc-websockets have URLs > in the description, @url could probably be used. > > I'd also remove the following from the ghc-bower-json description, it > reads more like uninformative advertising to me and isn't really > relevant to this specific package: > > Bower is a package manager for the web (see http://bower.io). Done! > Maybe it would be good to note why the package in Guix didn't work, like > I tried to use ghc-happy@1.19.12, and the build phase failed with some > type errors. That'll at least point out clearly that there's an > incompatability. I don't think much detail is needed, the following > would be fine. > > `(("ghc-happy" ,ghc-happy-1.19.9) ; build fails with 1.19.12 Done! >> Ah thanks for the suggestion here. I found one that could be taken from >> the existing package in (gnu packages haskell-xyz). The rest seemed to >> be either pinned exactly or too strict to take from guix packages. > > Thanks, although my intent was more about adding something like this. > > #:phases > (modify-phases %standard-phases > (add-after 'unpack 'patch > (lambda _ > (substitute* "purescript.cabal" > (("clock .*$") > "clock,\n")) > #t))))) With the addition of a patch I was able to relax most of the package versions I introduced to ones we have. The final remaining required dependency seems to be happy which I kept at 1.19.9. > Now I'm not sure quite how risky this is, the purescript tests aren't > being run, but given this is Haskell and it compiles, hopefully that > provides some guarantees. > > What do you think? My only caveat too is now I have not really tested this version. I had done some work with a prior version. I wish I could run the tests but they seem to rely heavily on npm and bower. Thanks again, John