Philip McGrath recently pointed out that the /etc/profile.d/guix.sh snippet had not been updating in the Guix packaging for Debian: https://bugs.debian.org/1036304 (and as bonus complication, was also renamed to zzz-guix.sh) The reason I never noticed before is because it is actually a manual process, with this script embedded in the sys_create_init_profile() function of etc/guix-install.sh ... and thus easy to miss when updating packaging. What would be the impact of separating the /etc/profile.d/zzz-guix.sh into a separate file upstream? Would guix-install.sh need to be adjusted to guix-install.sh.in so as to embed the contents of this file? Alternately, maybe guix-install.sh could be updated to optionally output or generate the zzz-guix.sh file either by passing commandline arguments or some other conditional mechanism? For the short term, I will try to update this manually, but would love to see a longer term option for future releases! I am somewhat hoping updating /etc/profile.d/zzz-guix.sh would also fix: https://bugs.debian.org/988260 live well, vagrant