Andreas Enge writes: > On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 01:18:25PM +0100, Taylan Ulrich Bayırlı/Kammer wrote: >> I noticed that occasionally some ./configure scripts will say "which: >> command not found" and in that case I add it. I didn't look into what >> difference it makes though, since it doesn't make the configure script >> fail. Is it normal; can one leave it out? > > I do not know. It would be interesting to see what is searched for. > > Andreas So I ran it without the which input and, my bad, it's not the configure script this time but a piece of code in the test.pl script: SKIP: { my $result = system("which sndfile-convert > /dev/null"); skip("sndfile-convert is not available", 5) unless ($result == 0); ... } I guess I should at least comment for what it's needed. :-) Other than that, we could modify that file to remove that check, knowing that `sndfile-convert' is there, since the inputs have `libsndfile'. Should we go that way, how about: ;; We know that sndfile-convert will be there, and this is the only ;; usage of which(1), so remove it. (substitute* "tests/test.pl" (("system\\(\"which sndfile-convert > /dev/null\"\\)") "0"))) Patch with the above proposal: