Hi guix, This patch adds clojure 1.6 to 1.8. Changes made since last email (comments appreciated): Include clojure from 1.6 to 1.8 instead of just 1.8 because I think we should provide all stable versions and allowed them to be co-installed. From https://clojure.github.io/clojure/, version 1.6 to 1.8 is considered stable. Use ant build system, this save a lot of typing, thanks Ricardo for writing it! Provide a native executable. It is a bit of a hack. First, the clojure jar is compiled with gcj. Then a c++ wrapper is compiled. Finally, they are linked together. The native executable takes half the time to start than loading the jar using java. There is a slight problem when inheriting package. Let's say in one of the build phases of package A, I want to eval this expression: (compile-jar (string-append "clojure-" ,version ".jar")) Then I define package B which is inherited from package A, like this: (define-public B (package (inherit A) (version "2") ... )) Now the build phases of package B still refer to the old version of package A, in other words, the version being substitute into the build phases is not being inherited. Any idea on how to fix this? Right now, I resort to adding the following build phase: (add-after 'unpack-submodule-sources 'set-clojure-version (lambda _ (setenv "CLOJURE_VERSION" ,version))) and replace the build phase in the inherited package. But this looks a bit ugly to me. Thanks. Alex