Marco van Hulten writes: > Hi, > > I have `kodi' and `gdb' installed. When I start kodi, it crashes: > > https://paste.debian.net/996313/ > > An excerpt of the `kodi' output: >> gdb not installed, can't get stack trace. > > but I installed gdb, under the same user: > > kodi@watson ~$ gdb --version | head -1 > GNU gdb (GDB) 8.0.1 > > Interesting, `man gdb` does not gives an empty or unreadable man page: > at the bottom of the terminal is: >> Manual page gdb(1) line ?/? (END) (press h for help or q to quit) > > I have never before tried (to let a program) use gdb on GuixSD. > > Last Sunday, the program `kodi' worked fine. Shortly after that > (according to lastlog(8) the same day), I did a package upgrade, but > did not test kodi hereafter (according to `history`). Today, I tested > kodi and it crashes. I upgraded packages, but then it still crashes. Can you try rolling back to the generation that worked, to verify that it's not something in your environment that has changed? Maybe also try to temporarily move away the ".kodi" folder in the users home directory. I'm currently testing the latest git snapshot of Kodi regardless, the alpha version in Guix is pretty old already. Originally Kodi 18 was slated for July, but the release was pushed back to January[0], so the version in Guix is probably pretty buggy. [0] https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/milestone/95