Hello Alex and Ludovic, Alex Kost writes: [...] >> If ‘emacs-build-system’ sets ‘EMACSLOADPATH’ automatically, then >> individual package definitions won’t need those -L flags. Dunno if >> there are good reasons not to do so. Maybe Alex has an opinion? > > I would rather ask Federico who wrote ‘emacs-build-system’ :) Do you mean Federico Beffa ? He is quite in Guix git repository for 9 months as I see. Is it a good idea to CC him? > Yeah, maybe ‘emacs-build-system’ could benefit from using EMACSLOADPATH, > I don't know, someone should probably give it a try ;-) I succeeded to implement this, but the patch needs some more love. The biggest issue is how to get an Emacs version in setup-environment. You could test it on emacs-git-messenger or emacs-json-reformat.